This quilt is hand pieced and hand quilted. This quilt measures 63 ½ x 67 inches (162 x 171cms) Sandra Boyle is a Melbourne based designer and teacher. Her quilts featre her wonderful scrappy mix of fabrics that she describes as “happy quilts”
Merchant & Mills Bespoke tape measure is a traditional black and white metric tailor’s tape with metal tips. Made in Germany.
Merchant and Mills 100 size 2 black enamelled entomolgy pins are pefect for using with extra fine fabrics such as silks and antique cloths.
Each box has 100 pins and they are 38mm x 0.45mm.
Made by Sajou. A Complete sewing set – Jouy Coquecigrues motif, small model.
Coquecigrues is a delightful little sewing set filled with the following sewing accoutrements.
– a pair of Nogent scissors,
– a brass thimble,
– a pink Sajou tape measure with a ring on each end,
– a small green seam ripper,
– a box of 200 fine dressmakers pins with matching motif,
– six cocoons of polyester sewing thread (yellow, lilac, pink, red, pistachio blue), each cocoon contains about 150 metres of thread,
– a booklet of 15 sewing needles,
This sewing set has two trays, the top one can be removed and has a Sajou ribbon on each side. It is covered with a floral motif paper, the re-edition of a fabric once printed at the Oberkampf manufactory in Jouy. This motif is named Coquecigrues. The interior of the lid has a Sajou Toile de Jouy Museum Collection label.
Size of box: length 15cm – width 12cm – height 5cm.
This box and all the contents are made in France.